Our Board received its first Charter on June 22, 1925 as the "Hollywood Board of REALTORS®". On November 28th of the same year, the City of Hollywood was incorporated. Prior to incorporation, the City of Hollywood was referred to as "Hollywood by the Sea". In 1922 Hollywood by the Sea covered an area of three square miles and had a population of 120 people. Boy, have times changed!!! The Hollywood Board and the City of Hollywood have endured many tough times including the great hurricane of 1926 and the depression of the 1930's.
On January 5, 1959 our name was changed to the "Hollywood-South Broward Board of REALTORS®, Inc.", and in November of 1984 we became the "Hollywood Area Board of REALTORS®, Inc.". In February 1994, our members voted to once again change the name of our Board to the "REALTOR® Association of Hollywood-South Broward, Inc."
As with our progressive name changes throughout the years, we have also progressed through a number of locations. The first Board operations were conducted from the home of one of the directors in 1925. Later, an office was opened in the First National Bank of Hollywood building and in 1956 the Board was moved to an office at 1800 North 20th Avenue in Hollywood. Sometime later our operation relocated to an office at 2205 Hollywood Boulevard. In December of 1990 we moved to our current office in the "REALTOR® Building at 701 Promenade Drive in Pembroke Pines.
Yes, we have come a long way since 1925 and it has taken the time, devotion and hard work of a lot of the past and present members to reach the point we are at today. We also look to the current and future members of our Board to remain a positive force in the community. It is our hope that we all remain dedicated and committed as we move forward into the next millennium.
Wishing everyone continued success throughout the year!!!